Error Compiling Open Office

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Wed Mar 29 16:22:47 UTC 2006

Chris Maness wrote:

> I just updated my ports and tried to compile open office.  got this
> failure while trying to compile.  Any suggestions?
>
> g++-ooo: Internal error: Killed: 9 (program cc1plus)
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxfbsd.pro/obj/textenc.obj'
> '---* tg_merge.mk *---'
>
> ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOB680_m5/sal/textenc
> dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
> *** Error code 255

I've had this error before, but I can't remember the exact cause.  I
determined it to not be hardware because it always failed in exactly the
same spot.  I think it may have been a make.conf knob I had set.  I have
WITH_MOZILLA=firefox commented out with the note that it caused weird
port errors.  This may have been the weird error that it's referring to.

HTH,
Micah