Incorrect inline documentation in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf

Spil Oss spil.oss at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:20:17 UTC 2006

Dear all,

Spent a lot of time trying to get portupgrade to install phpbb in the
directory I want.

Tried a lot of things, but only when I found out that ports_glob does
NOT return anything on 'www/phpbb-*' I could fix it.

The inline documentation in pkgtools.conf lead me to believe I had to add
   MAKE_ARGS = {
     'www/phpbb-*' => 'WWWDOCROOT',
   }
to my pkgtools.conf file to add it.

Am I missing something here? There's many references to the
<category>/<package> notation in the file and it seems that that
doesn't get you the results you want.

Any help appreciated!

Spil.

  # MAKE_ARGS: hash
  #
  # This is a hash of ports glob or package glob => arguments mapping.
  # portupgrade(1) and portinstall(1) look it up to pick command line
  # arguments to pass to make(1).  You can use wildcards ("ports glob"
  # or "package glob").  If a port/package matches multiple entries,
  # all the arguments are joined using the space as separator.
  #
  # cf. -m/--make-args of portupgrade(1), ports_glob(1)
  #
  # You can alternatively specify a procedure instead of a string if
  # you want to specify arguments which can vary depending on the port.
  # The procedure is called with a port origin as an argument.
  #
  # e.g.:
  #   MAKE_ARGS = {
  #     'databases/mysql323-*' => 'WITH_CHARSET=ujis',
  #     'ruby18-*' => 'RUBY_VER=1.8',
  #     'ruby16-*' => 'RUBY_VER=1.6',
  #   }
  #
  # To specify multiple arguments for each port, use one of the
  # following:
  #
  #   MAKE_ARGS = {
  #     # a) Separate them with the space
  #     'databases/mysql41-*' => 'WITH_LINUXTHREADS=1 SKIP_DNS_CHECK=1',
  #
  #     # b) Specify them using an array
  #     'databases/mysql41-*' => [
  #        'WITH_LINUXTHREADS=1',