Why are so many people using 4.x?

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:30:41 UTC 2006

Dear Wee-Sern,

when i upgraded my 4.11 workstation, i did a clean install from CD to a new HD.

when i will be upgrading my 4.11 server to 6.x, i will probably run a
6.x alongside the 4.11, installing all software as needed, test it,
then transfer data from 4.11 disk to the 6.x.

then test again, and swap the 6.x harddisk into the server. i will
probably keep the 4.11 harddisk as a backup.

i would not upgrade to 6.x if i were you, if there is no specific
reason. i would keep my 4.x updated though ( so i suggest you update
to 4.11, just for security ).

regards,

usleep