Oops: Deleted /var/named

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 28 16:42:55 UTC 2006

Yes, it was dumb, but while I have a backup of all of my domain info and have
restored it all, starting named gives me this error now:

  devfs rule: ioctl DEVFSIO_RAPPLY: Inappropriate ioctl for device
  devfs rule: ioctl DEVFSIO_RAPPLY: Inappropriate ioctl for device
  devfs rule: ioctl DEVFSIO_RAPPLY: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I can only assume that it has something to do with the files
in /var/named/dev/ that I have untarred there.  I tried doing a "make
deinstall; make install" in /usr/ports/dns/bind9 but that didn't create
anything.  What is the propper way to re-set this up?