watchdog network card

Michel Le Cocq Michel.Lecocq at lipn.univ-paris13.fr
Mon Mar 27 10:02:17 UTC 2006

I Jas

I have the same type of trouble on a gigabythe motherboard with an
onboard ethernet card.
I run FreeBSD 6.0 but after 20 seconds ~ the card go Up again.
Before I was under 5.4 and I don't remember a such trouble.

The only thing I sugest before the correction is to add a PCI card :-(

cat /var/log/messages

Mar 25 21:49:29 rapace kernel: re0: 2 link states coalesced
Mar 25 21:49:29 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
Mar 25 21:49:31 rapace kernel: re0: 2 link states coalesced
Mar 25 21:49:31 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN

[...]

Mar 25 21:49:45 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to DOWN
Mar 25 21:49:46 rapace kernel: re0: link state changed to UP

Michel Le Cocq
Administrateur Reseau Laga-Lipn