Adjusting configuration options during port installation?

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sun Mar 26 19:05:46 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Matt Singerman wrote:

> Thank you for letting me know about this option.  Unfortunately, the
> specific configure options I am looking for are not listed there.  Is
> there another way to go in and modify the configuration?

You would have to browse through the Makefile and look for configuration
options. Typically, if there is a FOOBAR option, you would 'make
-DFOOBAR install' in the port directory.

Or, you could just edit the Makefile to add the arg you want. Let's look
at mail/cyrus-imapd23. Its Makefile has a section that goes

   CONFIGURE_ARGS= --sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/etc \
                   --with-cyrus-prefix=${PREFIX}/cyrus \
                   --with-cyrus-user=${CYRUS_USER} \
                   --with-cyrus-group=${CYRUS_GROUP} \
                   --with-sasl=${LOCALBASE} \
                   --with-bdb-libdir=${LOCALBASE}/lib \
                   --with-com_err \
                   --with-openssl=${OPENSSLBASE} \
                   --with-perl=${PERL5} \
    note the trailing backslash I added ^

I would imagine you could just add
                   --with-mboxlist-db=berkeley \
and
                   --with-seen-db=flat
to that list. (The backslash means "continued on the next line".)

Disclaimers: 1) I know nothing about cyrus. 2) I have never hacked a
Makefile in this way. What I've said makes sense to me, but maybe others
know better or can elaborate.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]