Adjusting configuration options during port installation?

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sun Mar 26 18:33:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Matt Singerman wrote:

> I am installing an upgrade to the Cyrus email server.  Our existing
> email boxes are in a database format that is no longer used by Cyrus;
> however, there is a configuration option which will instruct the new
> version to use the old database format.  They are
>
> --with-mboxlist-db=berkeley and --with-seen-db=flat
>
> Is there a way to tell the FreeBSD port of Cyrus to use these options?
> I am not extremely familiar with the ports system.

An easy way would be to cd into the directory of the specific cyrus port
you want, and type 'make config'. This will let you choose configuration
options without actually installing the port. If you want to change
something later, just run 'make config' again.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]