AAC_COMPAT_LINUX?

Tamouh H. hakmi at rogers.com
Sun Mar 26 13:39:43 UTC 2006

> It seems the AAC_COMPAT_LINUX kernel option that I needed to
> run aaccli for an Adaptec RAID card (2120s) is no longer
> available in 5.3. Is there a replacement, or another way to
> run aaccli?
>
> Thanks,
> sdb
> --
> sdb at ssr.com

You don't need the AAC_COMPAT_LINUX option enabled. Do you have linux binaries installed ? run kldstat  to check you should see linux.ko

If not installed, check this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html

Once all done and you can see linux binaries, go to the Port:

/usr/ports/sysutil/aaccli

> make install distclean

This will install aaccli, or you can just copy the file aaccli from the "files" folder and put it in /usr/bin which will also work.

Note, If you have upgraded your RAID card to the latest Adaptec firmware (like I did) aaccli will not work. I think Adaptec is working on a new utility for FreeBSD, but so far it is no go.

Good luck,

Tamouh