Not an easy install

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 25 21:17:06 UTC 2006

On Saturday, 25 March 2006 at  9:36:04 -0500, Tim wrote:
> Why couldn't you guys make a install easy instead of this and that, ok I
> am a newbie and it should be easy, I have installed Ubuntu, it was like
> a dream, smooth as silk, Fedora pretty much the same FreeBSD, its a
> nitemare if you have never done it, I am now reloading windows and then
> putting back Ubuntu, unless someone over there can make it simple even
> for me.

Heh.  As I read this, I'm trying to install Ubuntu.  It's like pulling
teeth.  By the contrary, installing FreeBSD is *so* simple, I could do
it in my sleep.

OK, so when it comes to installing FreeBSD, I wrote the book
(http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/).  But maybe you should
think that things are just different.  FWIW, some very clever Linux
friends of mine are also baffled by the problems I'm having.

So, what's *your* problem?  You haven't mentioned any details.

Greg