portmanager configuration and stunnel options

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sat Mar 25 15:05:05 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 02:21, RW wrote:
> On Friday 24 March 2006 17:13, Noah wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am trying to figure out the proper options and configuration syntax for
> > the portmanager configuration file - pm-020.conf .   I cant figure out
> > what the proper stunnel switches to automatically keep the stunnel GID
> > and UID. At hte moment stunnel requires manual intervention during each
> > upgrade.  I just want to keep the UID and GID as is and not delete them.
> > How would I instruct portmanager to handle this gracefully.
>
> I don't think you can do anything about this.

Actually I was wrong, I just took a look at the stunnel pkg-deinstall script
and it does check whether BATCH is set before prompting. The problem is that
most people set BATCH via make, whereas pkg-deinstall  is a shell script
invoked by pkg_delete.

portmanager, portupgrade and "make deinstall" all have this problem, and there
are several ports that behave like this. It would be nice if portmanager and
portupgrade could handle this by doing a  "make -V BATCH" and checking their
respective configuration files before running pkg_delete, but I wouldn't hold
my breath. At the moment the solution is to export BATCH=yes from somewhere.
The problem is that that's global, and not per port.