k3b incorrectly identifies scsi r/w drive as read-only -- how to change?

Oliver Iberien oliver.iberien at charter.net
Fri Mar 24 20:01:17 UTC 2006

I've got my Plextor PX-W4012S SCSI R/W drive recognized by k3b by adding
ALL             ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/camcontrol devlist
to sudoers and starting k3b with sudo. Unfortunately, k3b has the idea that
this is read-only. In "Setup Devices" there is no way to remove a device from
the "readonly" heading and place it under "writer drives," and none of the
options except for the cdrao editor are editable. Attempting to change the
driver crashes the program.

k3b must be reading this from somewhere, but where? The drive is r,w is fstab.

Thanks,

Oliver