smb_maperror unmapped error 1:158

Steel City Phantom scphantm at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 01:05:06 UTC 2006

   im using bsd 6.  i write a script that fires on startup and shutdown
   that mounts the drives.  i mount several, but here is one of the mount
   commands
   mount_smbfs -f 0777 -d 0777 //administrator at willie-win/MP3
   /usr/local/drive_h/MP3
   it seems like anything that accesses a file in that share will create
   the error.
   Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Lowell Gilbert [1]<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> writes:

Steel City Phantom [2]<scphantm at yahoo.com> writes:

Judging from google, this has been asked a few times and never really
answered.  my bsd box mounts several shares from a win 2000 box.  not
all of the files that appear in the win 2k box, appear on the bsd box
in the mount location.  switching over from kde to the console shows a
list of errors

smb_maperror unmapped error 1:158

any ideas what this could be?

No; there is no such function in the samba port or in the base system
smbfs.  You didn't mention how you were doing the mounting, nor what
version of the OS and other software you were using, so there isn't
anything else I can think of to check for you.  [My system is -STABLE,
with the latest ports.]

Oops; I found it a few minutes later.  The error message means that
the error returned by the Windows box was a type that wasn't known to
the error handling routine.  The Samba port refers to that error as:
NT_STATUS_NOT_LOCKED, but I'm not enough of an SMB expert to know
exactly what that means.