Panic messages

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Mar 22 18:08:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:29:38PM -0300, Guilherme wrote:
> Hello all, I have two freebsd servers workiing as
> email servers. Two days ago I got some crashes in the
> server and the error shown in the screen was:
>
> PANIC: SBFLUSH_LOCKER : cc 0 :: mb 0xc22be000 :: mbcnt
> 512
>
> and
>
> PANIC: SBDROP

That's not the literal text of the panics, please don't randomly
change things because it's important that you be precise.

> I think this problem is related to high temperature in
> my server. Am I right?

If your server temperature is high, it could cause panics.

> If somebody knows how to fix this problem, please help
> me!!

You also forgot to mention which freeBSD version you're running.
Putting on my magic crystal ball hat, I'd say 5.3.

Kris