6.1-BETA 4 stable for normal use?

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh_sasi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 05:04:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'd like to try out FreeBSD and was wondering whether
I should start with 6.1-BETA4 or 6.0? Its just for
home use anyways, more as a way to fool around with
FreeBSD a bit, so was wondering if 6.1-BETA4 would
suffice for the purpose ... is it stable enough or
would it give me issues?

Also, suppose I were to go with 6.0, is there some way
I can update to the 6.1 release when its released,
*without* downloading the CDs etc? Maybe give some
command which would download the required parts over
the Internet?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

ps. Am not subscribed to the list, so a CC to me for
any replies would be appreciated. Thanks. :)