Kernel settings for Dell 1850 and 2850 with 4GB of ram

Tue Mar 21 19:57:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am currently running freebsd 6 (amd64) on dells servers that have
dual xeon processors in them. There is also 4 gigs of ram in them.

I need to reinstall cause I want to go to i386 version (too much
problems finding binairies compatible with amd64 with commercial vendors)

Could someone tell me:

1- What is the cpu I need to specify in my config ?

2- Do I need to run PAE to have access to all my 4 gigs of ram ?

3- Should I use ULE or 4BSD has my threading model ? (I currently run
ULE but it seems it's slower then 4BSD for the posts in that forum)

4- What threading should I use in mysql for better stability and
performance (generic or ?)

Your help will be very appreciated

Thanks