Portupgrade woes ...

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Sat Mar 18 12:00:47 UTC 2006

I want to find out which ports need updating by running 'portupgrade
-arR' "<". However, I am getting the following error message:

Stale dependency: ImageMagick-6.2.5.5_3 --> lcms-1.14_1,1 -- manually
run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.

As suggested, I run 'pkgdb -F' and after a couple minutes, it seems to
have fixed a number of problems.

Rerunning portupgrade results in the same error as above.

I tried rebuilding the port as follows:

cd /usr/ports
make fetchindex
portsdb -u

And then retrying the above, but this doesn;t help either.

Help! How can I break out of this viscous circle and become a sane
FreeBSD-er again?!

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl>