need help

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Fri Mar 17 12:43:34 UTC 2006

On 17/3/06 12:30, "Michael S" <msherman77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried both. fsck_ffs /dev/ad0s1a also exits because of bad superblocks.

If you used the default parameters when creating the filesystem then
"newfs -N /dev/ad0s1a" should tell you where the alternate superblocks are
and you may be able to use one of them with fsck_ffs's -b option.

Don't forget the -N to newfs whatever you do though.  If you're
uncomfortable using that, then just try block 32 or 160.

Ceri
                                      -- Moliere