Disappointed with version 6.0

Peter petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 16 17:40:42 UTC 2006

--- Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> Peter wrote:
>
> >The values I'm getting fluctuate wildly.  Sometimes with a
> difference
> >of 30 degrees after waiting just a couple of seconds.
> >

> That really doesn't sound good to me, but I don't really have enough
> experience of system building to do more than guess at the cause.  I
> would strongly suspect the heatsink/processor bond but couldn't be
> sure.  I have no idea if the actually monitoring chip could be
> faulty,
> for example, or if it could be a BIOS problem (problems related to
> bad
> temperature readings certainly *can* exist but fluctuating temps is a
>
> bit different).

I looked into the BIOS of my other system with different m/b and
(better) heatsink and I get the same readings (~42).  I use OCZ paste
on both systems and followed their application instructions for the
Athlon 64.  Both heatsinks are just warm to the touch.  I also see on
the net that there are tons of people with similar "problems" so I am
closing this file as "normal".  Case closed (no pun intended).  Thanks
for your support.

--
Peter