ICH7 w/multiple ar devices?

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Wed Mar 15 20:57:02 UTC 2006

All,
	I've recently just picked up a couple of new boxes that come with a
Tyan motherboard that has an ICH7[r, I believe] on the motherboard. I
installed 2x500GB drives, and discovered that the card will allow me to put
multiple arrays on the disk. For chuckles, I put a 100GB mirror (RAID 1), and a
700-and-chage (500x2 - the 200GB mirror) stripe (RAID 0) array.

	However, when I boot the installer (6.0), its only seeing ar0 (the
RAID 1 array). Is there any way to get an ar1 to see the other disk array? I
see a kern.disks sysctl knob, but I'm assuming its read-only, and atacontrol
create smells about right, but again seems to assume 1 raid setup per
physical device.

	-B