some questions about fsck, loader.conf

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 07:07:34 UTC 2006

Hi

I tried verbose_loading="YES" in loader.conf and expected the
/var/run/dmesg.boot to be more detailed but there was no change, what
does this switch do if it doesnt change the bootup dmesg output?

In rc.conf I have enabled fsck_y_enable="YES" to allow unattended fsck
fixes after improper shutdown but I have noticed there are some
problems remaining as shown by a read only fsck.  Does the above
switch not fix all problems or is it the case the fsck bootup script
only does partial tests?

Can I do a full fsck test and fix on a remote machine without needing
a local tech to boot the machine in single user mode?

Thanks

Chris