HI plotter (was Re: Help)

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Wed Mar 15 00:10:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, hackmiester / Hunter Fuller wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:25, Chris Hill wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006, REINALDO JIMENEZ wrote:
>>
>> [ A more descriptive subject line is more likely to get you an answer.
>> Lots of people delete 'Help' without reading. ]
>>
>>> My friend has a Houston Instrument Plotter Model DMP-50 and can not
>>> get it running to print his school work (AutoCAD DWGs)
>>>
>>> Need driver? What he should look for?
>>
>> If your AutoCAD is anything like recent, you're running it under
>> Windows.

> Au contraire, or however you spell it! I am running 2005 under wine.

You spelled it right. Beg pardon, I should have said that AutoCAD
*thinks* it's running under Windows. I'm sure one could get it working
under qemu or VMware as well. Point being that when you buy it you get a
binary whose name ends in ".exe".

One of the big appeals of AutoCAD (for me) used to be that it was
available *natively* for many different platforms, including MacOS, at
least one flavor of UNIX, and I think VMS, as well as Win/DOS. Those
days are long gone.

Any help for the OP, or are we just chatting?

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]