Mail client like mulberry

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:59:58 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 17:39, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:15:07 -0600
>
> "Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldjoneill at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It doesn't filter folders, however it has a "Next Unread Folder"
> > > command, which makes it directly switch to the next folder with
> > > unread messages in it.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Benjamin
> >
> > Yes, Kmail does filter folders, if you're talking about filtering
> > messages that come in from e-lists (such as questions@) and moving
> > them to a designated folder. The filters are easy to set up.
>
> I think the original poster meant the virtual folders that only show
> folders with new email - not email filtering (which is, I'd say, a
> must have feature of any software worth calling itself mail client).
>
> > The
> > folders can show how many messages are in the folder,how many are
> > new and will decrement the new filter count as they are accessed.
> > It can also remove duplicate messages from a folder.
>
> sylpheed-claws can do all this, as well as creating processing (as
> well as filters, of course) rules (which I have NO idea how or what
> to use it for ...but i does sound cool :D). supports IMAP and
> identities, like thunderbird. IMAP is not a problem at all.
>
> and I have all my folders with new email in a nice bright blue (vs.
> grey for folders w no unread email, and black for folders with unread
> email, but no new email)
>
> PGP inline and SMIME works great too.
>
> > It is one heck of an e-mail client and I haven't found anything to
> > touch it.

When you subscribe to a lot of e-lists (I subscribe to about35) and you
get a lot messages coming in, you learn really quick about filter rules
and how handy they are.

I used sylpheed-claws a number of years ago and it was very good. I used
it for a bit. There is also evolution, I haven't looked at it in a
while. I may want to look at them again.

Don