Mail client like mulberry

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Mar 14 22:39:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:55:07 -0500
Bill Moran <wmoran at collaborativefusion.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at Sylpheed?  I don't know how closely it will match
> the behaviour that you're used to, but it talks nicely to every IMAP
> server I've ever seen, and it turns the folders with new messages
> red.

The problem is, I have about 250 folders.  Scrolling through them is a PITA, so I'd like to have the same, or similar, functionality that I had with Mulberry.

Mulberry has a favorites folder, called "New Messages", that only displays folders with new mail in them.  That way, instead of scrolling through hundreds of folders, I only see the ones with new mail.  (I can easily scroll through the hundreds if I need to, but I don't have to.)

I'm replying to you using Sylpheed, and it's a nice app, but I don't see any option to create a Favorites-like folder except by filtering and copying to a newly-created folder.

Does it have the functionality, and I just haven't noticed it yet?

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer