Problems since the libtool upgrade

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Mar 14 17:17:25 UTC 2006

--On Tuesday, March 14, 2006 11:50 AM -0500 Kris Kennaway
<kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 08:10:11AM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> Ever since the libtool upgrade (I'm not saying it's related), I have
>> been  unable to run dual screens.  I can run the same window on two
>> screens, but  if I try to use dual screens, the box locks up hard.  I'm
>> not sure if this  is an xorg problem or a gnome problem.
>
> It's unlikely to be related (libtool is basically just a compile
> tool), so please try to identify what else changed to avoid confusing
> the issue.

I don't think it is libtool related, but both Gnome and xorg had updates at
the same time (I don't know if they were "caused" by the change in libtool
or not), and I'm certain it's either xorg or Gnome that has the problem.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member