make installkernel doesn't work?

Chris St Denis cstdenis at voicio.com
Tue Mar 14 16:40:29 UTC 2006

I don't have physical access to the server at the moment to try the
loader prompt but...

I tried
mv /boot/kernel /root/
mv /boot/kernel.old /root/
make installkernel

the folder and its files reappear in /boot but a reboot still shows
the custom config.

I also tried shutting down the server and powering it back up incase
it wasn't actually rebooting --- same result.

the output of make installkernel shows it is installing generic to /
boot/kernel
cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC;  MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj
MACHINE_ARCH=amd64  MACHINE=amd64
<snip>
install -p -m 555 -o root -g wheel kernel /boot/kernel

Full output of make (about 2.6MB)
http://www.fanart-central.net/files/make_kernel.txt