I386 Installation

Eileen Wasson eileen_wasson at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 08:47:10 UTC 2006

I'm a newbie to unix and freebsd. I'm trying to follow
your documentation and keep failing the install. I
have an HP COmpaq desktop dc5100 MT and it will NOT
detect my iso image for the i386. i did not see it in
your hardware list.htm. does that mean it's not
supported or do i need new drivers? if i put it in an
older ibm, the cd works. i also tried using your
floppy method and that failed as well. it said no
boot/loader. this box has xp loaded it already.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Eileen