SSHD Help?

Huy Ton That huyslogic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 21:12:28 UTC 2006

I am sure I am lacking the technical knowledge to get this running but.  I
setup (more like started) the sshd daemon.  Now I have this system setup at
home and am just using it for experimenting.  When I try to SSH into it, it
queries me for my user name, in which case I am logging in as root.  I key
in roots password (is this password the same as the main root password?) and
it returns permission denied, please try again.

I'm guessing I am not asking the right questions but I was under the
assumption that the password would be the same as root or whatever user I'm
trying to login?  Any tutorials?  I'm going crazy :(.