installs fine, but won't boot.

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Mar 13 14:31:20 UTC 2006

> I've been trying to get FreeBSD to run on my Toshiba
> Satellite (m45 359). I tried a couple of times with
> version 6.0 and the install went fine, but the
> computer doesn't seem to recognize the drive as being
> bootable. (So I experimented with a couple different
> setting the partition (yes, it's a primary) to
> bootable, even erasing the whole drive and allocating
> it to FreeBSD. Regardless of what I've tried, the boot
> sequence doesn't see a hardrive and skips it.

Probbaly you have covered this, but that last sentence inplies
a BIOS setting problem to me.     Is the hard disk in the BIOS
boot sequence and before any other devices with media that is in
the system? (such as if CD is before hard disk in the boot sequence
you may have to make sure there is no CD in the drive to get to
the hard disk, same with a floppy).

////jerry