Unable to build or update vcdimager

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Mar 12 02:52:09 UTC 2006

Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 03:37:59PM +0900 I heard the voice of
>
> Norikatsu Shigemura, and lo! it spake thus:
> > 	SEE ALSO: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=93916
>
> I got a similar error from dirmngr.  It seems like the program
> installs its own INFO files, then the port tries to install INFO
> again (note the --quiet; that only appears in the bsd.port.mk
> version, not in the port's makefiles).  I hacked around it by just
> using "make -k install" to make it ignore the error.

OK, I tried your suggest and it appears to have worked. The build exited
with this message:

install-info --quiet /usr/local/info/vcd-info.info /usr/local/info/dir
install-info: menu item `vcd-info' already exists, for file `vcdimager'
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
===>   Compressing manual pages for vcdimager-0.7.23_1
===>   Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
===>   Registering installation for vcdimager-0.7.23_1
`install' not remade because of errors.

However, it does seem to have worked. I would have thought that the port
maintainer would have foreseen this predicament and taken steps to
alleviate it however.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net