Arplookup strange messages

Pietro Cerutti pietro.cerutti at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 11:03:08 UTC 2006

Hi list,
today in the daily security report (periodic) of a i386 machine there
is this message repeated about 30 times:
+arplookup 0.0.0.0 failed: host is not on local network

The machine is the router (ipnat) and firewall (ipfilter) for a small
home network.
It runs postfix, sshd and nfsd.

Since I'm away from home now, I can't sit in front of it and check
what's wrong. Furthermore, it seams that the machine is not accepting
ssh logins anymore, after those strange messages.

Any ideas about the cause of it?

Thanks,

--
Pietro Cerutti