make installworld fails

beni.brinckman at dommel.be beni.brinckman at dommel.be
Sat Mar 11 09:52:03 UTC 2006

beni.brinckman at dommel.be wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After doing a svsup yesterday and doing a 'make -j4 buildworld' i've (my
script
> that is) tried to proceed with a 'make installworld'. But it failed :
>
> www# make installworld
> ERROR: Required audit group is missing, see /usr/src/UPDATING.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>
> I have checked /usr/src/UPDATING but there isn't any entry new about new
groups
> and 'grep -w audit /etc/group' does not show any audit-group present.
>
> I also did a 'rm -rf /usr/obj/* ' and ran 'make -j4 buildworld' again, which
> endend without errors but the following 'make installworld' stops with the
> mentioned error again.
>
> I am using the '*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6' in the supfile and am
running
> 6.1-PRERELEASE now.
>
> What am I doing wrong ? Any clues are welcome.
The error message is wrong.

There is a new group in '/etc/group' called 'audit:*:77:'.

I recommend you don't automate mergemaster operations,
and rerun the whole procedure manually.

hth
lars.

Lars,

This is the script in question :
#!/bin/sh
echo Subject: `hostname` weekly cvsup run output
/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /root/supfile
cd /usr/src
echo ===========================================
echo Make buildworld now...
echo ===========================================
make -j4 buildworld
echo ===========================================
echo Make buildkernel now...
echo ===========================================
make buildkernel KERNCONF=BENI-60
echo ===========================================
echo Make installkernel now...
echo ===========================================
make installkernel KERNCONF=BENI-60
echo ===========================================
echo Make installworld now...
echo ===========================================
make installworld
echo ===========================================
echo `date` : Build Completed
echo ===========================================
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo ===========================================
echo `date` : BENI-60 kernel build completed
echo ===========================================
else
echo '**************************************'
echo `date`: BENI-60 kernel build failed
echo '**************************************'
fi
echo ===========================================
echo updating portstree now...
echo ===========================================
/usr/sbin/portsnap fetch update
echo ===========================================
echo These ports need updating...
pkg_version -l '<'

I didn't re-cvsup after doing the 'rm -rf /usr/obj/*', but did a manually 'make
-j4 make buildworld' which ended without problems or errors.
I don't mergemaster.
If I manually add the group 'audit' the problem should be fixed ? Is this a new
group or is it needed for some program ?

Thanks,

Beni.