TFT monitors and Xorg

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Mar 11 01:29:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

Probably a stupid question, but I'll take my chances.
For years now I only used "normal" monitors on windows, linux, FreeBSD
but soon I'll get a Samsung 930BF TFT screen.

What I'd like to know is, if Xorg is capable of "seeing" this monitor
and sets the right options. I know it does a good job with other
monitors, but as I understand TFT's are quite different in some
aspects.

Do TFT's use HorizSync and VertRefresh the same way as normal monitors?

Maybe I worry about nothing, but I hope someone will explain things to
me than.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 ++ The Power to Serve