How to update port collection properly ?

Supote Lee kingtutankhamen at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 03:13:57 UTC 2006

Hi all

   I'm currently running FreeBSD.4.11-p14 on by box at home.
Yesterday, I tried to update its ports collection (I mean /usr/port)
with cvsup, then installed Firefox but I can't. "make install clean"
returned me with error.

--- snipped of my supfile ---
*default host=cvsup2.jp.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

ports-all
--- snipped of my supfile ---

   Is my port updating process correct or I miss something ?
Is it necessary for me to run "make index" in /usr/ports ?

TIA
pjn