Open Source and 3rd world countries

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Fri Mar 10 02:12:08 UTC 2006

> Sorry Nicole, but here in Brazil our government does not use pirated
> software, and yes, they're changing to Open Source.

That only means Brazil is not much a 3rd world country anymore...

> guess this may be coming to an end, or not expanding, since the new
> "cheap" computer for the poor people comes with Free Software.

Yeah, sure, government did the same here in Thailand, cheap PC at $250
with Linux, and every body did installed Windows on it as soon as they
get home :) Because Free Software was simply not working and that was
not what they used at school, in the internet cafe and such, there
were not the latest and coolest games...

Olivier