/dev/cuaa gone in 6.0?? /dev/console doesn't work...

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 04:30:14 UTC 2006

Hi,
 I'm trying to secure our cisco router by hooking its console to a freebsd 6.0 box. I was reading this document: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/10/11/FreeBSD_Basics.html

  It seems like /dev/cuaaN has been replaced by /dev/console. On my 6.0 box, I can't seem to find /dev/cuaaN... I tried using /dev/console instead and I got the same response "Connected" but it hangs... I can't do anything.
 The command I used was cu -l /dev/console -s 9600.

  On an older box (4.11) I used "cu -l /dev/cuaa0 -s 9600 and it worked. I got the login prompt of our router.

 If ever I would make everything work... does this mean that only one user can connect to our router or does freebsd have some sort of pseudo consoles???

 Thanks..