Setting fbsd up as a router?

wc_fbsd at xxiii.com wc_fbsd at xxiii.com
Wed Mar 8 18:51:52 UTC 2006

At 04:28 PM 3/6/2006, Huy Ton That wrote:
>Would anyone happen to know where I may find tutorials on setting up
>my FBSD 6.0 Release box as a router with the intention to add
>firewall services?

It is not 'BSD based [wish it was]  but rather than reinvent the
wheel, I would strongly recommend you try out  IP-Cop
http://ipcop.org/   A mere 20MB download gets you a CD ISO image that
installs the whole Linux based firewall on a PC.  Up to 4 interfaces,
web configuration, traffic statistics, snort, transparent squid
proxy, DHCP, VPN,  just about anything you would probably want.

    -Wayne