Signal 17 to Fluxbox -> system lockup

Daniela dgw at liwest.at
Wed Mar 8 16:24:46 UTC 2006

Hi list!

Over the years I got into the habit of suspending processes with signal 17
(SIGSTOP). And everything ran fine until yesterday: I suspended Fluxbox and
after switching to it's VTY I couldn't switch back, the system didn't respond
any more to my keyboard input.

How can I prevent these lockups (besides the obvious), i.e. how do I prevent
Fluxbox from intercepting certain key combinations (Control + Alt + F[n])?

Thanks in advance.

Daniela

--
Hope is the worst of all evils, for it prolongs the torments of man.