Help Please

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Mar 7 13:53:14 UTC 2006

Marc Ravenor wrote:
[ ... ]
> I work for a systems integrator based in the UK. I have a client that is
> currently using FreeBSD version 4.11 and version 6. He currently wants
> to use the software on an HP DL320 G4 server. The problem he is facing
> at the moment is that when the software is loaded he is unable to see
> the drives in the server.

Boot single-user mode off the install CD, and run "pciconf -lv" to see what
hardware is present.  If you can provide us with that output and maybe a
"dmesg", we can check and update the drivers as needed.

You might also try using the 6.1 beta images which just came out, and see
whether that does any better on your hardware.

Note that you could also try other things, such as making sure the BIOS has been
updated to the most recent version, and you could try doing the installation in
safe mode (which disables APCI and APIC/SMP).

--
-Chuck