New logo, new look

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Mar 6 21:53:48 UTC 2006

fbsd_user wrote:

>So a little red ball with 2 little pointed ears is the new logo.
>It sucks big time.
>
>When you have a contest and none of the entrees are any good
>you do not have to pick any of then, you could have just
>closed the contest with no winner.
>
>I am sadden that the new logo is so plain.
>Being pressured by the holy rollers over beastie looking like
>the devil is no reason to choose such a poor replacement or for
>that matter even considering to change the logo in the first place.
>
>There is no way I will use the new logo, People will be laughing at
>it
>and say "What the Hell is that red ball".
>
>I am really disappointed. The contest should be run again and if
>nothing
>better comes along then stay with beastie. And this time post the
>contest to all the different FreeBSD lists, just not to the
>announcement list.
>
>I read the contest announcement just now from the below link and
>don't agree
>with any of the reasons stated there for a new logo. All the stated
>reasons
>could have been address just by doing new art work using beastie.
>
>Check here to see new logo and then post your thoughts.
>
>http://logo-contest.freebsd.org/result/

|| The ANTI-TROLL program is soon to be a Major Motion Picture!      ||
||         Watch for it at a theater near you next summer!           ||
||                <sample output below>                              ||

So, two short strings connected with an underscore
is your username.  It sucks lowercase alphabet.

When you have schizophrenia and none of the results are any
good you do not have to pick any new name, you could have just
continued to post as 'Joe B-----h'.

I am saddened that your new username is so plain.
Being pressured by trolling flamers over Joe sounding
like a newbie is no reason to choose such a poor replacement
or for that matter even considering to change your username
in the first place.

There is no way I will use your new name, people will be laughing
at it and saying, "who the hell is fbsd_user"?

I am really tonguing-in-chic.  Your schizophrenia has appeared
again and if nothing better comes along stay with Joe.  And this
time post your reasoning to all the different FreeBSD lists, just
not to questions at .

I read the website your email address points to and don't agree
with your lack of DOCTYPE.    All the advice there could have
been addressed just by RTFM.

Check here to see what I mean and then post your thoughts:

   http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.a1poweruser.com

||         ANTI-TROLL-FILTER program output ends....                 ||

KDK

P.S.  I might be mistaken, but I remember a helpful guy who was
generally always positive.  Maybe you *aren't* him, maybe you
are; maybe you were; regardless, "fbsd_user" is coming close to
joining "tmr$FOO at aol.com" for dinner featuring a procmail recipe....

--
Hartley's First Law:
	You can lead a horse to water, but if you can