Firefox, Flash7 and libstlport_gcc.so mistery

Chandan Haldar chandanh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 08:37:24 UTC 2006

cd /usr/ports/devel/stlport
make install clean

This solved the problem for me.

libstlport_gcc.so (provided by the stlport port) is needed
by libnpsoplugin.so.  I assume you installed (like I did)
openoffice from a binary package by pkg_add.  Apparently
the openoffice binary package installation does not cause
installation of the stlport port as a dependency, although
it installs the firefox plugin libnpsoplugin.so which does
require the stlport lib.

I could not figure out where and how firefox has been
instructed to look for the openoffice plugin though.  I
run openoffice 2.0.0 and the libnpsoplugin.so resides in
/usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/program/libnpsoplugin.so.
However, I didn't find this path or a link in the firefox
config.

Chandan