portupgrade vs. portmanager ...

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Mar 5 18:54:04 UTC 2006

Peter wrote:

> [...]

Well, I just totally rebuilt all of the ports on my machine (330 to be
exact) with just one command also:

portmanager -u -f -l -y

Obviously, I updated the ports tree prior to running that command. It is
my own opinion that portmanager does a better job. That is my own
personal opinion however --  YMMV.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

     Someone in a closed box cannot tell whether he is sitting at rest in the
     earth's gravitational field or being accelerated by a rocket in free
     space.

          Albert Einstin