BSD+KDE replacement for SecureCRT

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Sun Mar 5 17:00:29 UTC 2006

Steel City Phantom wrote:
> migrating from windows to bsd, does anyone know of a replacement for
> SecureCRT.  i have been using KSSH but the only problem i have with it
> is the fact it doesn't remember passwords.  im going to try to get key
> pair logins to work when i put a particular fire out but for the time
> being, does anyone know of anything like that?
>
> thanks

Have you looked at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=ssh&stype=all yet? (It lists
all the ssh related ports).  Maybe something there does what you want.

Personally I use Konsole and the system ssh - no extra software needed.
  I use public/private key pairs for systems I don't want to enter
passwords on and use ~/.ssh/config to create "sessions" - that is to
associate an alias to a particular host and user name.

Note: KDE already has a lot of built-in support for SSH/SFTP.  For
example, typing sftp://user@host or fish://user@host in a Konqueror
location bar will allow you to work with the remote system's files in
Konqueror.  Most any KDE application (kate being the one I use most) can
directly edit files on the remote system in this fashion.

HTH,
Micah