Haven't been able to make world in about a year

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Mar 5 06:58:56 PST 2006

On 2006-03-05 14:38, Kristian Vaaf <vaaf at broadpark.no> wrote:
> At 16:36 03.03.2006, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >On 2006-03-03 15:08, Kristian Vaaf <vaaf at broadpark.no> wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry sorry sorry, I am so very sorry.
> >> http://www.home.no/hedhnta/result.txt is indeed online now.
> >
> >This doesn't look right.  Are you sure your source tree is clean and up
> >to date?  As Donald has posted latter:
> >
> >On 2006-03-03 09:09, "Donald J. O'Neill" <duncan.fbsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Alright Kristian, why don't you post your supfile, make.conf,
> >> rc.conf, output of uname -a, a description of what equipment
> >> your doing this with, what you're trying to accomplish and why,
> >> what you're doing to make this come about, what you expected to
> >> happen, what did happen. How you're taking all the advice
> >> you've been given and bending it to suit yourself - which, I
> >> have to tell you, IS NOT WORKING, or you would be singing a
> >> different tune.
> >
> >Please post all the details Donald has requested.
>
> Sure thing!
>
> # cat /etc/cvsupfile
>
> *default host=cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> src-all
> ports-all tag=.
> doc-all tag=.
>
> # uname -a
>
> FreeBSD arba.domain.com 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #4:
> Wed Sep 21 01:34:15 CEST 2005
> vaaf at arba.domain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ARBA i386
>
> These apply to both the box that fails into result.txt (Intel Pentium
> 120MHz)
> and result_2.txt (Intel Pentium 4 3,2GHz).
>
> I am trying to upgrade these boxes. I expect things to work :)
>
> This is how I do it:
>
> cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
> cd /usr/obj && chflags -R noschg * && rm -rf *
> cd /usr/src && make clean
> make buildworld
> make buildkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
> make installkernel KERNCONF=ARBA
> make installworld
> mergemaster
>
> Hope that helps!

It doesn't, sorry.  Donald has requested for:

    - your supfile
    - your make.conf file
    - your rc.conf file
    - the output of uname -a
    - a description of what equipment you are doing this with
    - what you're trying to accomplish and why
    - what you're doing to make this come about
    - what you expected to happen
    - what did happen

You only gave:

    - your supfile
    - uname -a output
    - a set of wrong, incomplete commands that don't match what others
      have suggested so far

There's still a fair amount of information missing from this, so it's
not easy for anyone to help you.  Unless, of course, you don't really
want to be helped :-/