Where am I? :)

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Sat Mar 4 14:25:21 PST 2006

Oliver Leitner wrote:

>Yea... Right...
>
>well, however...
>
>log out and log back in, it should start the logs again.
>
>in case you really dropped it accidently, look if the system logging
>daemon is running.

Yes, of course it is running. Logging out and logging in solves this
issue, but the point is here that even a single user without root acces
can be hiding. He can do anything and nobody will notice that he is even
loggod in. We discussed in the list that /var/log/wtmp helds the login
states and only suid programs can access it, e.g. screen or login. As
for login, it will be fixed if possible since it is in the base system.

Gabor Kovesdan