Where am I? :)

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Sat Mar 4 06:35:03 PST 2006

Kövesdán Gábor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> look at this:
>
> root at server# w
> 12:41AM  up 82 days, 10:05, 0 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
> root at server#
>
> Where am I? :) I don't know exactly how it happened, but I'll
> investigate, I have an idea and I'll report if I find out.

I seem to recall a thread regarding this issue several months back.  I
don't know if this is the same issue or not.  But in the past thread
there was a discussion of 'invisible' users in certain situations.
Don't know if it turned out to be a bug or a feature. Might do some good
digging through the archives to see what you can find.

This *is not* what I was thinking of but it is interesting:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=130608+133460+/usr/local/www/db/text/1996/freebsd-questions/19960915.freebsd-questions

> Gabor Kovesdan

Regards,
Eric