Where am I? :)

Erik Greenwald erik at smluc.org
Fri Mar 3 16:10:27 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:44:19AM +0100, K?vesd?n G?bor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> look at this:
>
> root at server# w
> 12:41AM  up 82 days, 10:05, 0 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
> root at server#
>
> Where am I? :) I don't know exactly how it happened, but I'll
> investigate, I have an idea and I'll report if I find out.

I've seen that happen when the userland and kernel are out of sync.
(not too long ago, I did a "make buildworld kernel", was waiting for
an opportune time to installworld, and suffered some kinda failure
causing a reboot).

Check the uname -a date and the date of /bin/w or something? perhaps
go through a cvsup/upgrade to try to sync things up? :)

--
        -Erik <erik at smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.