Card for basic 3D acceleration in FreeBSD

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Thu Mar 2 15:57:55 PST 2006

I'm looking for a card to handle some simple OpenGL stuff for a class
I'm taking.  I have an ATI X300 card, but 3D acceleration is not
supported on it in the current Xorg.  The only slots on my Mobo are PCI
and PCI-EX.  I use the i386 release of FreeBSD currently, but would like
to have the option to move to the amd64 release.  Any suggestions on a
low-end (read cheap) card?  I know "nvidia" is often recommended, but
any particular model?

Thanks,
Micah