How to print in duplex mode?

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Mar 2 14:59:37 PST 2006

четвер 02 березень 2006 17:53, Steel City Phantom Ви написали:
> duplexing is a function of the printer driver.  (in KDE) control center,
> peripherals, printers, select your printer and on the instances tab,
> settings and you can make the printer duplex from there.  How to do it
> without KDE, i don't know.  but im sure there is a config file out there
> somewhere.
>
> oh, and the driver you are using has to support duplexing obviously

Thanks, but driver? I'm sending a Postscript file to a remote Postscript
printer. This is the printcap entry:

	nyp2:\
		:rm=nyp2:\
		:sd=/var/spool/lpd/nyp2:\
		:lf=/var/spool/lpd/nyp2/log:\
		:af=/var/spool/lpd/nyp2/acct:\
		:sh:

My question was, how to can I manipulate an existing Postscript file, to make
sure, it is printed in duplex mode... `pstops' is supposed to be able to do
it...

	-mi