SpreadBSD

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 01:13:25 PST 2006

On 3/2/06, Sergey Olontsev <olontsev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Guys !!!
> My name is Sergey Olontsev. I am 22 year old network administrator in
> Arkhangelsk, Russia. I really appreciate your work for FreeBSD. It's
> without any doubt an excellent work.
>
> So, let me say the thing why I am writing this letter to you. I want
> to support FreeBSD by creating and supporting the following website:
> SpreadBSD.com. Why ?  I think we all know about success of Mozilla
> Firefox through SpreadFirefox.com. People know about Linux because of
> PR, but not all know that there is something better than Linux - it's
> BSD. So, the question is that I can open such a website to help people
> get aquainted with FreeBSD, but I first decided to ask you, cause you
> are the chief developers.
>
> I have resources to register domain and place to host website. I have
> friends who are ready to create a good resource. And we have good
> ideas and will to work. :-)
>
> So, I have not registered domain yet. If you want to do all that I
> wrote before by yourself - rememder, that my idea is BSD licensed.
> :-)))
>
> So guys, keep working. :-))
> Sergey.

Wonderful idea, but it requires much work to be done,
while many developers traditionally prefer investing
their time in making FreeBSD a better OS (rather than
making it look better).

Anyway, you should take this issue to the FreeBSD
Foundation, they are in charge of such activities.
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/

Удачи!