Grave problem with network (ftp, samba)

Pol Hallen freebsd at fuckaround.org
Wed Mar 1 00:51:35 PST 2006

Hi all :-)

i have a p4 with freebsd 5.4 with samba daemon active

when the windows clients download from samba server it's ok.

But if while I use a ftp on server 4 transfer a big files, the windows client
don't try to download from samba! because don't respond! for since several
minutes.. :-(

if i see in top the resource of samba, it's about 40%

waiting a several minutes the samba resourse cameback ok!

In /varl/log nothing...in console nothing..

what appended?! hot resolve the problem?

the controller of mother b. is ok UDMA133, my hardware and modules are ok

Thanks thanks thanks :-)

Pol